Saturday, December 8, 2012

Well, it has been a little over one month and I have to say that I'm loving this new stress-free life of mine!!

We left for Siesta Key, FL one week after I retired and spent an amazing 2 weeks on the beach with family.  Casey and Whitney spent the whole 2 weeks with us, Kel came for 10 days and Ryan came for a week.  We sure missed Caleb and Megan, but have high hopes that they will be able to join us next year.


Bret and I decided to drive down this year instead of flying and I guess because I'm so relaxed about no time pressures, I agreed it would be a good idea.  For those of you who know me, this might surprise you because I am a "hurry up and get there" person!!  Well, it's the new me . . .  driving worked out perfectly because we were able to take Casey, Whitney and Kel's luggage to save them time and money in the airport and had a leisurely trip to Siesta Key.  Bret and I really enjoyed the drive (I still can't believe this is coming from me :)!

It was incredible spending so much quality time with Whitney.  We typically get to see her once a week and on vacation we spent 14 days straight with her.  Bret and I spent lots of time building sand castles, playing "Where's Whitney Papaw" and just having nothing but fun!!

The whole two weeks were filled with great fun and lots of relaxing with the family!  Our Thanksgiving tradition is to take a picture at sunset on the beach.  We have so many great family photos in our collection.  Here's our 2012 edition!
I
 
Now we are back and have somewhat of a routine going on.  One of my favorite things about being retired is that I don't have to rush to get anything done.  No more mad dashes to the store at lunch, or after work to get errands run.  I can come and go whenever I want to or need to.  It is a strange mindset, however, because it took a few weeks to get rid of the scarcity of time feeling.  I kept getting caught up in lists and everything I needed to accomplish before tomorrow.  But I quickly realized that it's okay to do some of it tomorrow or the next day . . .  because I can!!!  That is the most amazing, freeing feeling ever!!
 
I have also been hired back by Weight Watchers and will start training to be a Weight Watcher Leader this month.  I have a passion to help people lose weight and since weight has been a life long battle for me, I have a lot of experience and help I can offer people.  Becoming a leader is a stretch for me because I'm not fond of being in front of people . . . I'm more of a behind the scenes type of person, but I feel like I need to just push through the fear and do this!
 
Well, friends, life is good and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.  More to come . . .
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment