Yesterday was a magical day. I anticipated it to be a crazy busy day, working with my replacement to get the last several hours of training in, so she felt comfortable moving forward. Little did I know, my friends had planned a surprise "open house" for me at work and from 11:00 - 3:00 people stopped by to say good bye, to wish me well and to thank me for all my hard work. I was very touched by all the people who took time out of their busy day to honor me.
Bret, Casey, Whitney and Kelley were all there for the open house as well. I felt so special and so loved. There are few pictures floating around on cameras at work, but this one Casey sent immediately!
Day 1 of Retirement
Well Day One doesn't feel much different than a vacation day. I didn't sleep in, which is not a surprise to me, but that was the #1 question I was asked yesterday. Are you going to sleep in tomorrow? I woke up at 5:30 just like normal. The difference was, I headed to the gym at 7:30 a.m. instead of 6:00 a.m. which was great!!!
I do feel a little out of sorts today because I'm so used to a crazy, fast-paced day and now my time is my own. It is hard to put into words the emotions I've experienced over the past couple of days. They were intense . . . happy, sad, excited, overwhelmed, disbelief. I have been working at P&G since I was a kid (17 years old). That is all I know . . . a full time worker bee.
Perfect Timing
As many of you know, I am a huge supporter of Weight Watchers and I used to work there part time. I love to help people with their weight loss journey. Last night at 5:00, the Weight Watcher regional manager called me to set up an interview to come back to work for them part-time. I'm excited about the opportunity to help people again. This is not a job, this is not work . . . this is something that I really enjoy!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete